We recently had the pleasure of working with Aeolus tyres, who is a platinum sponsor of the DongFeng racing team in the Volvo Ocean Race during the Auckland stopover.
Asia/Pacific region based distributors were hosted in Auckland City for an update of Aelous tyres, and for the in port hospitality and Pro Am Races for the Volvo.
This was the brief:
• Liaise with the hotel regarding rooming lists, conference sessions etc.
• Arranging Airport transfers for all guests in and out of NZ .
• Coach transfers between the Langham and the Volvo Village and dinner venues.
• Preparation of conference name tags, lanyards & itineraries for the Delegates.
• Signage for buses, limousines, and conference session – including a large banner for the conference room.
• A last minute Dinner for 20 pax in the Viaduct with less than 2 hours notice.
• Welcome dinner for 40 pax including cultural welcome.
• Casual dinner for 60 pax with the Delegates and Crew of the boat in the Viaduct.
• Wine tasting tour and lunch on Waiheke.
• Final night dinner.
• Contracting a photographer/videographer to escort the group recording the activities for the three days they were there.
We were briefed three weeks prior to the Delegates arriving with confirmation of the job received only seven days before. This meant that our Events Group team had all hands on deck to pull this conference off successfully.
Not only were we faced with the short time frame we also had our main ‘decision maker’ based in China where we had navigate the different time zones, English being a minimal and a city close to full capacity with the Volvo and Cricket World Cup on.
This made the project somewhat challenging. However, this was our chance to really use our networks and connections we had built over the years, as without them this conference would have been close to impossible.
Overall the conference was a huge success with Meredith and the Delegates not only getting to go out on the DongFeng boat but also being lucky enough to rub shoulders with NZ’s greatest skipper – Dean Barker.
While this project was a challenge given the time constraints it is also the type of event where we at The Events Group shine brightest. We love the challenge and variety!